Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Investing in Antiques and Collectibles

I enjoy buying and selling antiques and collectibles. I'm not sure that investing in these versus other investment vehicles is the thing to do, though. It may be good to use them to diversify your investments. You know, financial experts are always telling you to diversify.

I would suggest you know about what you are investing in also and buy quality items and not just fads. One thing I've found with many antiques and collectibles is that what is hot today may not be hot tomorrow. I guess it's a lot like trying to time the stock market, you probably can't. As is usually advised for stocks, invest in quality at a fair price and not the hot picks of the day. Unless you really know what you are buying and you can sell them quickly and make some money, don't go for the fads.

No comments: