Friday, March 16, 2007

I'm New to Blogger

I'm new to blogging, but want to give it a try. I would like to eventually do some things that would allow me make some money blogging. Please send any comments on what you or others are doing to make money blogging.

I plan to post about making and saving money and other personal finance issues, career and life changes, antiques and collectibles, maybe an occasional commentary in the political area. I know it is kind of diverse, but so are my interests. Do you think it is best to create blogs for different areas of interest?

My story is that I recently left the corporate world to work for a small part time not for profit. I was burnt out by the politics, crazy deadlines, stress, power struggles and drama of the corporate climate I was in. I transitioned to a part time position where I have less stress and less hours so that I have more time to pursue my other interests. I am an accountant by trade, but would eventually like to do some other things. I also have a small antique business on the side and do some accounting contract work. I am happy I made the change but sometimes have pangs about it, like feeling like I am a loser because I left a good paying job for something that is a lot less and feeling isolated from my profession. I also miss friends and the collabortion with my peers. Please let me know if you have made a career change and how you are doing with it.

No comments: